Xero Accounting Course
Xero. Have an easier business life with Xero accounting software.
Learn Xero the smart way with Xero training courses at CCE, The University of Sydney.
This 1 day course is ideal for those running a small to medium sized business, or for anyone wanting to take control of their financial affairs. Participants will learn how to use Xero accounting software, and develop the skills necessary to navigate and utilise it’s various features. Why waste thousands on expensive consultants, contractors and accountants when Xero is easy to use yourself? All you need are the right skills, knowledge and guidance and you’ll soon be managing your accounts effectively and efficiently.
This Xero training course covers the following topics:
- Navigating the dashboard
- Customising settings
- Creating and changing the chart of accounts
- Maintaining contacts
- Reconciling and creating bank transactions
- Entering sales
- Reconciling sales payments received
- Entering bills
- Reconciling bill payments made
- Management Reports
- Reparing the BAS.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Start, navigate, and exit from Xero.
- Modify a chart of accounts to suit specific business needs.
- Enter supplier and customer details into the Xero contact file.
- Setup items for a new company file.
- Use the purchasing features of Xero.
- Pay for the purchases that have been made from suppliers.
- Make sales to customers.
- Deal with more complex invoicing matters.
- Record customer payments.
- Make creditor payments from a variety of fund sources.
- Perform a bank reconciliation.
- Produce a variety of business related reports.
- Understand how Xero is used to track GST.
- Use Xero’s reports to produce a Business Activity Statement.
This course is designed for those wish to learn how to manage the day-to-day operations of a small to medium sized business using Xero. It is ideal for business owners, accountants and bookkeepers, and for people who are looking to transition from other accounting systems.
Prior knowledge of Xero is not required. Each student will have access to a computer during the course, and a temporary Xero account will be created for each attendee.
Please note that this course will not lead participants to become Xero Certified Advisors and is in no way endorsed by Xero.
- Expert trainers
- Central locations
- Small class sizes
- Free, expert advice
- Student materials – yours to keep
- Certificate of completion