Social Media Course: Build a WordPress Social Media Website
Social Media Marketing. Learn social media marketing strategies that work.
The demand for social media expertise currently outstrips supply. Explore the essentials of social media marketing and learn social media directly from one of the world’s top social media influencers. Learn Social Media Marketing the smart way with Social Media Marketing courses at CCE, The University of Sydney.
In this social media course, learn how to create a social media website using WordPress. This hands-on computer-based social media course will show you how to set up a WordPress site that can be used as a social media press room or blog. You will learn how to publish online and then integrate your online content with Facebook and Twitter.
Upon completion of this social media training course, you should be able to:
- Create a website suitable for business or organisations in WordPress.
- Write and publish a social media press release.
- Enable the Facebook and Twitter addons for social network distribution.
- Measure the impact of the press release in social networks and online communities.
This social media course covers the following topics:
- Setting up your blog – hosting your own or hosted services.
- Creating a blog and naming it.
- Choosing and editing a theme, adding widgets and information.
- Writing your blog posts, style and subjects for popular discussion.
- Embedding video and photos.
- The author and backstory. Importance of the About page.
- Managing the commenters – moderating community.
- Overview of shopping carts, maps and forums for blogs.
- Social Media Diary – setting up a calendar to gain an audience.
This social media training course is delivered as a hands-on computer course – we move step by step through creating a blog. At the end of the course the student will have gained a blog they can continue to use either as a personal website for a hobby or family, or as a professional website for their business.
This social media training course is suitable for small businesses wanting a low cost website with latest social media tools or large organisations investigating a Blogger or Twitter social media press centre. Hobbyists looking for tips for blogging and social media will also enjoy the hands on aspect.
Please bring your email logon and password, as well as any other logons and passwords for social media platforms that you might already have. You do not need to have an existing WordPress account to participate in this course.
- Expert trainers
- Central locations
- Small class sizes
- Free, expert advice
- Student materials – yours to keep
- Certificate of completion
What others say.
An excellent workshop with a dynamic presenter and lots of hands-on application and interaction within the group.
Although I have much more to learn about the technical requirements of blogging, this course was just what I needed to get me started.
An excellent teacher – they know their content well and their explanations are clear, to the point and relevant.