Web Writing with SEO Course
Search Engine Marketing. Learn search engine marketing strategies that work.
Learn Search Engine Marketing the smart way with Search Engine Marketing courses at CCE, The University of Sydney.
This web writing training course is for business owners, web content writers, marketers, administration staff and anyone else who needs to write web content for business. It gives you the skills and proven techniques in writing for the web to attract your target audience, engage them with your words and prompt them to take the action you desire. You will also learn how to write Search Engine Optimised (SEO) copy. The day includes lots of practical workshop exercises, real world examples and a healthy dose of discussion about your needs and objectives.
Upon completion of this web writing training course, participants should be able to:
- Write web copy that engages busy readers from the start to the end.
- Construct web content that’s easy to absorb online.
- Speak to your web audience in the most effective ways.
- Persuade your audience to take action e.g. contact you, download, buy, etc.
- Structure logical content navigation paths.
- Make best use of headlines, subheads, bullets and hyperlinks.
- Write search engine friendly (SEO) content so you get found on Google.
- Turn print documents and articles into web friendly content.
- Produce email newsletters and marketing pieces that work.
- Use their skills for a wide variety of web content writing needs.
This web writing training course covers the following topics:
How people read on the web today
- Latest testing, research and statistics
How to engage your online audience
- Understand your audience – who they are, creating personas.
- How to turn jargon into reader-friendly messages.
- Building relationships and with different audience segments.
- Creating the right tone of voice.
- Features vs benefit/problem-solving writing.
- What makes effective or ineffective web pages and copy?
- Developing ideas and web content of interest to your online readers.
SEO: How to get Google to love your web content
- Learn what influences search rankings today.
- Keyword research made easy.
- The simple, effective way to develop an SEO content strategy.
- How to write SEO-friendly content your audience will love too.
Structuring and writing effective web content
- Writing headlines, subheads, body copy, bullet points and hyperlinks – and where to use them in copy and other content.
- Pro copywriting tips – opening sentences that hook the reader, power words and more.
- Stories, statistics and other effective ways to convey your message.
- Techniques to help drive action e.g enquiries, sales, downloads, sign ups.
- Images and infographics – best practices, when to use them.
- Web-friendly PDF’s – and when to use them.
- Handy tools for web writers.
Email writing tips
- Email newsletter and marketing best practices
- Types of content that work well in e-newsletters/EDMs.
- Powerful subject lines and pre-headers.
Delivery of this web writing training course is by lecture, group and individual exercises. In this way, you will learn key concepts and their immediate application into your workspace.
- Expert trainers
- Central locations
- Small class sizes
- Free, expert advice
- Student materials – yours to keep
- Certificate of completion
What others say.
This course was great! Well structured, with great information about how to integrate SEO in your company’s content. There’s a lot of valuable tips I can now share with the team.
A fantastic teacher who shared an incredible amount of information and extremely helpful advice in a short space of time. I would highly recommend this course for people who are looking to take their web writing skills to the next level with search engine optimised content.
Great course, very logically set out and well delivered. Exercises were also well thought out. Time is always difficult to gauge in a course, but we did pretty well with the large amount of content to cover. Tutor was personable and helpful and very experienced. I enjoyed the day! Thank you.
The presenter was amazing with a great personal approach and so much information to share, I was absolutely satisfied. It is a great course with a great tutor.
The day was enjoyable, informative and interactive. It has been a few years since I attended an external course and I found the whole experience uplifting and motivating.
A concise reference guide and excellent workable tips to apply on the job.
The practical exercises were great as we got to relate them to our own businesses and then talk about them – this way you actually learn where you are going wrong. The course overall covered a lot of visual examples and these examples stay in your memory, they are easier to relate to and provide a better understanding then just text. The booklet we get to take is a decent size and not difficult to interpret. I would 100% recommend this course and probably even do it again in the future.
Excellent value for money with a massive amount of useful information included in the day. Definitely a hugely informative and useful course for anyone working in digital communications.
I found the web writing course informative and walked away feeling equipped and excited about taking on these new skills and using them in the workplace.
Covered a lot of ground and very informative. Heaps of great resources and examples included in the course notes.Thank you.
It was good to have lunch together, great idea. The material was very relevant, so I was able to write down lots of things that I could try out.
The tutor obviously has a very strong background in web content writing and marketing, and it shows in this course. The topics and information were very relevant, helpful and delivered well. I thoroughly enjoyed this one day course and would recommend it to anyone in the field of marketing, advertising, web writing and content marketing.
A really interesting and valuable course. The handbook is exceptionally useful, and the tutor was informative and very approachable. I would highly recommend this course.