A Toolkit for New Managers Course
Management courses in Sydney. Lift your career and your organisation. Courses open to the general public.
Learn Management the smart way with Management courses in Sydney at the University of Sydney.
Understanding management principles is critical for business success. This management course is designed for those who want an overview of the skills needed to be an effective manager or supervisor. The course focuses on achieving strong outcomes through effective people and team management, the development of sound planning and organisational skills, creative problem solving and ensuring finance & cost control procedures are followed.
Please note this management course does not critique management theories nor does it discuss the complexity of management theories. It is not a higher education or post-graduate course. Rather, this is a practical management course that applies core management concepts to your individual workplace settings.
This management course covers the following topics:
- Managing change
- Inspiring and building high performance teams
- Dealing with difficult situations
Planning and organising
- Setting goals
- Organising work schedules
Human resource management
- Recruiting, selecting and inducting the most suitable applicants
Creative problem solving
- Generating lateral solutions for moving forward
Finance & cost control
- Reading financial records
- Identifying variances
- Financial decision-making
This management course is an interactive workshop, which includes lectures, group exercises and discussion.
At the end of this management course, participants will be able to:
- Bring out the best in staff.
- Deal with difficult people and situations and resolve conflict.
- Lead a team by using effective communication skills.
- Manage change in the teams they supervise.
- Prioritise goals and prepare work schedules for self and others utilising effective time management.
- Utilise a range of selection techniques for identifying the best candidate.
- Detect a problem and have a range of skills for solving the problem.
- Interpret basic financial records for financial decision-making.
This management course has a hands-on, vocational flavour. It is therefore suited to new managers wanting to acquire useful practical skills for immediate application in their workplace. It is not suited to post-graduate students seeking a critiquing of the complexity of management theories.
Before the course
There are no pre-requisite knowledge or skills for this entry-level management course. Participants are, however, advised to come to this course with their own examples of managerial and leadership practices so that discussion can be tailored to individual work requirements.
- Courses open to the general public
- Expert trainers
- Central locations
- Free, expert advice
- Small class sizes
- Course notes – yours to keep
- Certificate of completion
What others say about this course.
Had a really wonderful time at the course and felt like I learned lots – the presenter was brilliant in that he used our real life examples so it made the concepts all really clear! Thank you!
This course gave me the confidence to immediately apply the key principles I learned in my job as Team Leader.
The tutor was great – lots of real-life and relevant examples given to illustrate key concepts. Also, there was a strong focus on leadership which was great and something I think all managers should aspire to be.
The course was very engaging and useful. I appreciated that it was tailored to meet our specifc groups requirments. A fantastic lecturer, their examples and stories of real life situations relating to what we were discussing were very relevant and helpful. They made the course extremely enjoyable.