Advanced Leadership and Practical Management Course
Leadership. Inspiring and enabling organisations to create and realise optimal value.
Learn Leadership the smart way with Leadership courses at CCE, The University of Sydney.
This leadership course is designed for mid to senior managers who wish to further develop and fine tune their business skills.
The program commences by examining leadership theory, the development of emotional intelligence as a leader and the application of these leadership qualities for ensuring successful business outcomes.
This leadership course also embraces change management theories and risk management principles. Particular focus is on how each of these disciplines interface and how they can synergistically lead to business success.
This leadership course covers the following topics:
Theories of leadership
- Great Man Theory
- Trait Theory
- Behavioural Theories
- Participative Leadership
- Situational Leadership
- Contingency Theories
- Transactional Leadership
- Transformational Leadership
Understanding your preferred leadership style
- Exception only
The importance of Emotional, Cultural & Spiritual Intelligence in leadership
- The importance of intuition, perception, flexibility, sensitivity
- Reading situations and people 'correctly'
- Staying calm and re-assuring team members when pressure mounts
Influencing as a leader and optimising the contribution of human resources
- Creating ownership and empowerment amongst teams and individuals
- Facilitating growth for all team members
- Adding value to team contributions
- Ensuring all team members are working towards common and agreed KPIs
- Setting direction and influencing others
Leading high performance teams
- The importance of forming, storming, norming, performing
- Coaching skills
Creative problem solving
- Redefining the problem
- Problem solving techniques
- Preparing for change
- Sustaining the change process
- Continuous improvement
- Identifying risk
- Calculating risk in business decisions
- Discerning good risk from bad risk
By the end of this leadership course, it is expected that participants should be able to:
- Understand and apply current thinking in leadership and management theory
- Adapt your leadership style for the situation at hand
- Be more aware of your own personal motivators and your influence on others
- Truly understand the people you interact with and bringing out the best in team members
- Create effective rapport with anyone, anywhere
- Increase leadership effectiveness in cross-cultural environments
- Solve problems and prevent or resolve conflicts and misunderstandings
- Apply more incisive decision-making
- Discern risk and effectively manage change for competitive gain
- Have developed your capacity to lead change
- Expert trainers
- Central locations
- Small class sizes
- Free, expert advice
- Student materials – yours to keep
- Certificate of completion
What others say.
Possibly the best and most useful one day course I have ever attended. The subject of leadership and management is vast yet we covered so much and at easy pace. Course was brilliantly presented with humour and great real life examples. Knowledge and techniques learned will help me in my professional life and even beyond. Thank you!
Fantastic course for those like me who want to step in the Leadership/Management space. Dynamic, to the point, great tools and models from a wise and fun lecturer. I’d definitely recommend it – great and refreshing experience.
Good group of interested participants. Knowledgeable and experienced lecturer who made it fun as well as informative.
Very Good course, very well-delivered. Good to see more advanced courses available in a concise format, well-supported by take away materials at a price that represents good value. I also like that it was available in one session on a Saturday. Thanks.
A really satisfying course. I have learnt possibly all I need to learn about leadership and management – now I just have to practice it for the rest of my life. The tutor led the course superbly.
The tutor was great. They tailored parts of the course to our needs and really listened to what we had to say. It was a very insightful and inspiring course.