Japanese Course 202 (Level 6)
Japanese. Learn Japanese with us.
If you want to learn to speak Japanese, our Japanese classes are ideal for adult learners to enjoy a practical and social experience while you learn Japanese language and culture. Learn Japanese the smart way with Japanese courses at CCE, The University of Sydney.
This Japanese course furthers material covered in Japanese 201 and is suitable for those who have completed the 201 class or 120 hours of recent face to face tuition. Japanese 202 will teach you how to ask someone about their preferences and opinions as well as develop your ability to converse in shopping situations. The class is based on the recommended text to allow easy reference for practice between sessions as you improve your various language skills.
This Japanese course covers the following topics:
- Consulting someone about what to buy as a souvenirs
- Asking someone about their preference for food, drinks, and others
- Stating or asking for one’s opinions about two or more items in comparison with one another
- Shoping: Stating the size or characteristics of an item you wish to buy ; Asking a clerk to gift-wrap an item; Indicating your preferred method of payment
- Talking about one’s family, their interests, and the kinds of gifts that make family members happy
- Describing a lost item
- Describing the characteristics of a person, place, or thing
- Talking about routines and habits
- Talking about interests and things you want to learn
- Explaining why you are doing things out of the ordinary
Japanese for Busy People II Revised 3rd Edition (Textbook) (Kodansha International Ltd) ISBN10: 1-56836-386-9 | ISBN13: 978-1-56836-386-8
Japanese for Busy People II Revised 3rd Edition (Workbook) (Kodansha International Ltd) ISBN10: 1-56836-402-4 | ISBN13: 978-1-56836-402-5
Basic Kanji 500 Vol 1 New Edition by Chieko Kano, Yuri Shimizu, Hiroko Takenaka, and Eriko Ishii ISBN 9784893588821
This Japanese course is based on Chapters 1 – 4 of Japanese for Busy People II and Lessons 9 – 12 of Basic Kanji. The text is used for class activities and forms the basis for consolidation and practice between meetings.
Prescribed textbooks should only be purchased after confirmation is received from us that the course will proceed. This usually occurs up to 5 days prior to class commencement.
Suggested Textbook Suppliers
The Co-op Bookshop
Become a member and get up to 50% off everything – online, on your tablet or mobile, or in over 60 stores.
Language Book Centre
Take your enrolment confirmation and a copy of this page to the Language Book Centre to receive a 10% discount off the price of the recommended text or foreign language dictionaries for your course.
Selected Language and Culture courses that teach spoken language may include use of language immersion (course instruction in the selected language) as part of the training strategy.
- $100 repeat class - Conditions apply
- Small class size (~20 max)
- Central location
Language courses are offered in four terms each year during January, April, July and October. Try our Language Proficiency Calculator to work out which language level is right for you.
What others say.
The standard of the teaching and the format in which we were taught was exceptional.
I tell people all the time that this is the best Japanese course in Sydney. I have been to a few different institutions to learn Japanese, and found the approach used by the teachers from CCE to be the most effective. Such wonderful teachers. Who ever thought spending Saturday mornings in class could be so much fun!