Assertive Communication Skills Course: Advanced
Business Communication. Sharpen your communication skills.
Learn Business Communication the smart way with Business Communication courses at CCE, The University of Sydney.
You have the tools and use assertive behaviour much of the time... but are there challenging situations when you feel uncomfortable, your buttons are pressed and your responses are inappropriate?
In this advanced assertive communication skills course, you will gain practical ideas and leading edge techniques to give you positive flexible ways of enhancing your difficult / challenging communications and relationships, assertively.
Communicate calmly and professionally, even in stressful and emotionally charged situations. Stand up and respectfully speak up and be heard in all situations, with anyone, anywhere, anytime. Learn how to emote, engage and empathize for greater influence, productivity and profitable relationships.
This assertive communication skills course covers the following topics:
- Harness the power of your mind including the latest in neuroscience
- Empowering beliefs and values
- How to get your inner dialogue right
- Sensory language and powerful language patterns
- Behaviours and habits
- Behavioural flexibility with Yvonne’s model LAFFe to success
- How and when to tap into your humour to diffuse situations
- Emotional intelligence
- Guilt free assertiveness
- Give and receive feedback constructively
This will result in more cooperation, understanding and productive profitable relationships and less stress, misunderstanding and conflict, to raise your influence profile and bring about results in a smooth and professional manner.
This assertive communication skills course is experiential so you get to practise and can implement immediately. The presenter works with you and your specific challenges using techniques, models, demonstrations, discussions, role plays, quizzes, activities.
Upon completion of this assertive communication skills course, it is expected participants will have the tools and techniques to:
- Confidently handle disagreements, disappointments and inappropriate behaviour
- Handle strong emotions in yourself and others
- Listen when others blow up or clam up
- Handle 'push back'
- Minimise misunderstandings
- Avoid dominating or exploiting others
- Defuse resentment
- Conduct open and honest courageous conversations
- Set clear boundaries and expectations
- Easily say No without guilt
- Use conflict situations as opportunities to create positive change and better results
- Get your needs met ethically and with the support of others
Course suitable for
This assertive communication skills course is suitable for line managers, supervisors, team leaders, team members and anyone who would like to be more respected and heard. This communication skills course is also suitable for those who have completed Getting What You Want: Assertive Communication Skills and those who would like to take your skills to the next level and be more resourceful and flexible in how you respond appropriately and professionally.
The following reading is recommended but not essential:
- Expert trainers
- Central locations
- Small class sizes
- Free, expert advice
- Student materials – yours to keep
- Certificate of completion
What others say.
The tutor was very skilled in this area and the course was interactive and enjoyable. It is always a good experience when you have takeaways that can easily be applied to day to day events.
The presenter was absolutely fantastic – and really fantastic course! I thoroughly enjoyed it :)
The tutor was very dynamic and really tailored the course to meet our needs. The information covered was highly relevant and practical and I really enjoyed the application to real life situations.