Adobe After Effects Course: Level 1
Adobe After Effects. Cinematic visual effects and motion graphics.
Adobe After Effects allows you to create stunning industry standard broadcast quality motion graphics and visual effects. Learn Adobe After Effects the smart way with Adobe After Effects courses at CCE, The University of Sydney.
View all Adobe courses
This Adobe After Effects course is designed to allow those new to motion graphics get the most from this immensely powerful software. The emphasis throughout this introductory After Effects course is on practical exercises. We’ll cover many key features of After Effects and dynamic integration with Photoshop and Illustrator graphics. Some of these include video layering techniques, working with key frames, using filters for special effects, moving through 3D spaces, working with cameras and rendering your final project to broadcast and online export formats. Discover the many possibilities that this software can be used for in your workflow.
Starting a project
- The Composition window
- Using the Project window
- Working with layers over time
- Animating layers independently
- Importing layers from Photoshop & Illustrator
- Understanding Alpha channels
- Looping video footage
- Interpreting footage
Working with layers
- Different layer masking techniques
- Trimming and moving layers
- Changing playback speed and direction
- Working with Shape layers
- Using Brainstorm to experiment and refine designs
Understanding key frames
- Animating graphic elements
- The Auto Keyframe button
- Roving & Hold Keyframe
- Key frame assistants
- Precisely controlling animations
- Synchronizing Audio to Video
- Graph editor
Linking Methods in AE
- Parent/child relationships
- Trimming layers
- Working with nested Compositions
Working with text
- Composing text
- Text Layout
- Animating text
- Synchronising Text to speech
- Applying Animation text presets
- Adding Layer styles to text
Introduction to using mattes
- Creating Track mattes
- Making layers react interactively
- Using adjustment layers
- Using the Keylight keyer
- Drawing mask shape
- Animating masks
- Using stencils and silhouettes
- Using RotoBezier masks
- Adding more objects to a scene
- Removing objects in Time
- Erasing Clone strokes
Keying Technics (green screen)
- Understanding the Keying workflow
- Matte chocker
- Channel Blur
- Using Keylight
- Tracking moving footage
- Track Transform, Perspective corner pin
- Tracking effects
- Motion stabilization
Time stretching – Speed Change
- Controlling speed over time
- Time remapping
- Reverse speed
Puppet Pin tool
- Puppet pin
- Overlap & Starch tool
Designing a background scene
- Adding elements from Photoshop & Illustrator
- Using Fractal noise filter
- Exploring the Filter effects
- Drawing and Animating Shapes
- Adding Animators to Shapes
Introduction to working in 3D space
- Creating a layer in 3D space
- 3D text animation
- Understanding the Camera controls
- Moving the camera through a scene
Final rendering – Saving your work
- Adding your project to the render Queue
- Setting render settings for multiple output
- Understanding video Formats
- Saving Alpha channels
- Creating custom rendering templates
- Setting field rendering order
- This hands on After Effects training course will teach you many immensely powerful techniques and workflows.
- This detailed After effects training course covers essential tools to fast track your ability to be confident to design and animate visually stunning motion graphics.
- You will work with dramatic real world media to learn the practical techniques used daily in professional visual effects industry.
This Adobe After Effects training course is a computer based workshop.
Before the course
No prior knowledge of Adobe after effects is needed to attend this Adobe after effects training course.
Course suitable for
This Adobe After effects training course would benefit anyone wanting to fast track themselves with motion graphics technics and the essential functions of Adobe After effects.
Adobe product box shot(s) reprinted with permission from Adobe Systems Incorporated. Adobe After Effects® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
- Free repeat class - Conditions apply
- Free USB flash drive
- Expert trainer
- Dedicated computer for every student
- Small class size
- Student notes – yours to keep
- Certificate of completion
What others say.
I loved the course and the tutor was absolutely wonderful and very thorough – making sure no-one was left behind, and while a bit slower sometimes because of those who didn’t understand, no-one left without feeling 100% with what was covered.
Appreciate the manual, USB and files. Lunch tasty. Enjoyable course.
I really enjoyed the course and learnt so much in a very short period of time. I will recommend this course to my friends, for sure.