Executive Assistant's Course
Career Development. Kick-start your career.
Develop your career the smart way with Career Development courses at CCE, The University of Sydney.
Executive Assistances, executive secretaries and PAs must understand key management skills and be able to use them effectively in order to ensure success in today’s highly competitive world. In this Executive Assistants course you’ll learn and practise the essentials of how to communicate effectively, how to manage yourself and others, and how to continuously upgrade your skills and manage your career.
Upon completion of this executive assistant course, you should be able to:
- Reflect on your role and appreciate the steps for self development.
- Understand the communication process and how to enhance it.
- Discuss ways to support your manager.
- Read the messages in voice and body language.
- Build rapport with everyone you meet.
- Use your listening skills in a variety of work-based situations.
- Implement the key steps to written structure.
- Understand and set goals and priorities.
- Meet deadlines.
- Say ‘no’ to interruptions and other’s priorities.
- Delegate up and down.
- Defuse stress.
- Assess your values and skills.
- Set career goals and action steps.
This executive assistants course covers the following topics:
Recognise the changing dynamics of the role of a Personal Assistant or Executive Assistant
- Define strategies to assess and improve professional skills
- Identify opportunities for personal development
- Discuss ways to manage your manager
Maximise your communication effectiveness
- Review verbal and non-verbal messages
- Consider email protocol and office etiquette
- Practice the art of 'active listening'
- Enhance your assertiveness capabilities
- Create ways to build rapport
Improve time management skills
- Cram 24 hours into every morning
- Learn how to say ‘no’ guiltlessly
- Engage in the art of delegation
- Identify how to set priorities and manage deadlines
- List ways to defusing stress
Review your work day, habits and construct action steps for personal goals
This executive assistant course is suitable for experienced executive assistant and personal assistant who wish to refresh their communication skills through group discussion, interactive exercises and self awareness. New and less experienced EAs and PAs will also benefit from defining and reviewing professional skills essential to their role.
Prior to attending this executive assistant course, participants should:
- Generate an example daily ‘to do’ list.
- Create a general list of all core responsibilities and duties.
- Think of one example of a ‘time constraint’.
- Come prepared with one case study dealing with a difficult person in a professional setting.
This executive assistant course is constructed around the principle of the learner achieving a state of ‘consciously competent’, i.e. creating a realistic awareness of not what you do in your work day, but, how you do it. Participants will be involved in discussions, group exercises, case studies and supportive learning.
- Expert trainers
- Central locations
- Small class sizes
- Free, expert advice
- Student materials – yours to keep
- Certificate of completion
What others say.
A very personable and professional tutor. Class participation was good and lunch was excellent! Thank you – a very worthwhile day spent with like-minded people.
Great course – I got a lot from it, both professionally and personally. The tutor is very engaging and personable tutor. I’m so pleased I attended and already am implementing my newly acquired skills.
The presenter was absolutely wonderful and the course gave me the inspiration I was looking for. Everything made perfect sense and I’m looking forward to integrating my new found knowledge into my work habits.
The tutor is great, and I think it’s important to have someone that has actually been in the role (EA) rather than someone just teaching it! Makes the world of difference – would definitely recommend the course and tutor – they go hand in hand!
This course has a fantastic and passionate presenter. I highly recommend this course for any EA/PA starting out or wanting to refresh their skills.
I would like to commend this presenter, who is an asset to your University. The course was not only very informative, it was enjoyable and definitely left a lasting impression. The tutor was very welcoming and full of knowledge. I will certainly be back for another course.
The facilitator was excellent. They brought valuable knowledge to the table with their years of vast experience. It is a fantastic course for those new to the industry or EAs with an intermediate skill set.
I have done TAFE courses on relating subjects but have always felt the classes were boring and uninformative. So I went into this class with preconceived notions on how the class was going to be taught. Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the class. The tutor was engaging, helpful and enthusiastic. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone interested in the EA field!
I appreciated every minute of the training. A wonderful experience with an energetic presenter which made it all the more interesting. As a passionate Executive Assistant, I advise those of you to do this one-day course as a reminder to share your knowledge and experience as a way to give back to all the new beginners venturing out.
The day was very enjoyable and I highly recommend the course. Also loved being able to talk to the other participants over lunch.
The presenter was fantastic! Everything that was touched on and taught was insightful, relevant and delivered perfectly. I recommend this course to everyone. What was taught in such a minimal time frame has given me the confidence and skill set to pursue my career.
A fantastic presenter, incredibly motivated and knowledgeable. It was also great to compare information with contemporaries from different industries.
The tutor was excellent. They tailored the course to suit the needs and concerns of individuals in the room on the day. A lot of valuable knowledge was obtained from the training session. Enjoyable, useful and recommended.