Chinese Mandarin Course 1022: Standard
Chinese courses in Sydney. Learn Chinese with us.
If you want to learn to speak Chinese, our Chinese classes are ideal for adult learners to enjoy a practical and social experience while you learn Chinese language and culture. Learn Chinese the smart way with Chinese courses in Sydney at the University of Sydney.
This Chinese course continues from Chinese (Mandarin) Course 1021: Standard.
This Chinese course combined with Chinese (Mandarin) Course 1021: Standard:
- Making Appointments.
- Studying Chinese.
- School Life.
- Introduces 算了 (suàn le), 谁呀 (shéi ya), 是吗 (shì ma), 给 (gěi), 要 (yào).
- Adverbs 太 (tài), 真 (zhēn), 就 (jiù) and 正在 (zhèngzài).
- Time expressions, directional/descriptive compliments, 怎么 (zěnme) in questions, 能 (néng) and 会 (huì).
- Sentence structures: 一边…一边… (yìbiān...yìbiān...); 除了…以外, 还…(chúle...yǐwài, hái…).
- 或者 (huòzhě) and 还是 (háishi); 先 (xiān)…再 (zài).
- 还是 (háishi)…(吧) (ba); 每 (měi)…都 (dōu); 要 (yào)…了 (le).
This Chinese course covers Integrated Chinese Level 1, Part 1, Lessons 7/8 to 10 and is taught over 2 hours per week in one session. The content of this course and Chinese (Mandarin) Course 1021: Standard is also available over four hours per week in two sessions by completing Chinese (Mandarin) Course 102: Intensive.
- Integrated Chinese, Level 1 Part 1 Textbook, 3rd Edition (Simplified & Traditional)
- Integrated Chinese, Level 1 Part 1 Workbook, 3rd Edition (Simplified & Traditional)
- Integrated Chinese, Level 1 Part 1 Character Workbook, 3rd Edition (Simplified & Traditional)
Both simplified and traditional character versions of the textbook and the two workbooks are available, however the simplified version will be taught in the classroom. Students can also opt for the electronic versions of the Chinese course materials.
The Textbook is required for this course, while the Workbook and Character Workbook are recommended, but optional.
In addition to purchasing course materials online, students may also be able to source textbooks from our preferred textbook suppliers.
Prescribed textbooks should only be purchased after confirmation is received from us that the course will proceed. This usually occurs up to 5 days prior to class commencement.
Suggested Textbook Suppliers
The Co-op Bookshop
Become a member and get up to 50% off everything – online, on your tablet or mobile, or in over 60 stores.
Language Book Centre
Take your enrolment confirmation and a copy of this page to the Language Book Centre to receive a 10% discount off the price of the recommended text or foreign language dictionaries for your course.
- $100 repeat class ($200 for Intensive Chinese Classes) - Conditions apply
- Expert trainer
- Small class size (~20 max)
- Central location
Language courses are offered in four semesters each year, approximately in January, April, July and October. Try our Language Proficiency Calculator to work out which language level is right for you.
What others say about this course.
A most wonderful and rewarding learning experience. The tutor was patient, supportive and engaging which made the course fun and enjoyable.
I thought my tutor this term was really good and I appreciated the teaching style. The tutor explained the grammar points really well and was patient and encouraging making the lessons fun, engaging and interactive using a variety media and shared other useful online content with us.
Our tutor has been an exceptionally good tutor these past two terms. The combination of linguistics knowledge and Chinese knowledge really brings the teaching alive, and there’s never a question that hasn’t been able to be expertly answered – definitely the best teacher of the year.