Emotional Intelligence Course
Psychology. Explore the human mind.
Learn Psychology the smart way with Psychology courses at CCE, The University of Sydney.
This Emotional Intelligence (EI) training course will focus on the five core competencies of emotional intelligence: self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy and interpersonal skills. Participants will learn to develop and implement these to enhance their relationships in work and life by increasing their understanding of social and emotional behaviours, and learning how to adapt and manage their responses to particular situations. Various models of emotional intelligence will be covered.
This Emotional Intelligence training course is useful for anyone who leads or works with other people, no matter what size the organisation. It is applicable for teamwork, customer service, and building relationships. This is an important course for anybody who wants to develop a better understanding of themselves and others to enhance personal and professional relationships.
Through a mix of discussion and practical exercises, you’ll develop awareness and practical strategies for being in touch with yours and other’s emotions.
Upon completion of this emotional intelligence training course, participants are expected to be able to:
- Develop an awareness of EI models
- Recognise the benefits of EI
- Expand your knowledge of emotional patterns in yourself and others
- Understand how you use emotion to facilitate thought and behaviour
- Know and utilise the difference between reaction and considered response
- Discover how you can manage your emotions, and positively influence yourself and others
- Build more effective relationships with people at work and at home
- Positively influence and motivate colleagues, team members, managers
- Increase your leadership effectiveness by creating an atmosphere that engages others
- EI behaviours and supports high performance
- Increase satisfaction and fulfilment at work
This Emotional Intelligence training course covers the following topics:
Introduction to Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Emotional Intelligence and various EI models
- The EQ competencies of self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and interpersonal skills
- Understand EQ and its importance in life and the workplace
Know your emotions
- What are emotions?
- The different levels of emotional awareness
- Increase your emotional knowledge of yourself
- Recognise ‘negative’ and ‘positive’ emotions
Manage your emotions
- The relationship between emotions, thought and behaviour
- Discover the importance of values
- The impact of not managing and processing ‘negative’ emotions
- Techniques to manage your emotions in challenging situations
Recognise emotions in others
- The universality of emotional expression
- Learn tools to enhance your ability to recognise and appropriately respond to others' emotions
- Perceiving emotions accurately in others to build empathy
Relate to others
- Applying EI in the workplace
- The role of empathy and trust in relationships
- Increase your ability to create effective working relationships with others (peers, subordinates, managers, clients
- Find out how to deal with conflict
- Tools to lead, motivate others and create a high performing team
This is an interactive course, which includes lectures, group exercises and discussion. With the facilitation style engaging and supportive, the tutor’s training approach enables practical tools for skills transfer, improvements and results.
- Expert trainers
- Central locations
- Small class sizes
- Free, expert advice
- Student materials – yours to keep
- Certificate of completion
What others say.
I found this course had the right amount of theory and practical strategies for participants to try/practice as suited them. I really enjoyed the course and interacting with the presenter and the other participants. I would definitely recommend the course to people I know who might be looking to gather more insight into EI and how better to tap into that.
Excellent program – interesting and engaging facilitator, great mix of learning application activities and opportunities to share experiences and learn from others, as well a knowledgeable and workplace experienced facilitator.
This was a great course and of much value. I feel many professionals would benefit from such guidance.
The tutor was excellent – made us all feel comfortable to discuss a sometimes difficult area.
The tutor was very entertaining. The examples used were very clear and useful. The environment of teaching felt very safe as at no moment in time did I feel I had to share information I did not feel like sharing, which is very important. I can only recommend this course to anyone that would like to get a better insight in the world of emotions.
The facilitator was very engaging which supports the learning environment really well and makes learning retention much better.
The presenter was very clear, articulate and energetic, and maintained our interest and involvement throughout the entire day.
The presenter is a positive, knowledgeable facilitator. The course itself was a strong reinforcement on emotional awareness. Thank you for a positive experience.
What a great course! I think that anyone entering the work force should look into this course, just as much as those who have been in the work force for years. Great course for all employees and more importantly employers!
The course was executed with professionalism whilst also catering for the individual. If someone didn’t understand the tutor would try to simplify it and make sure we all went on the same journey through the course of the day.
The break-up of theory and activities was also a great mix and worked well in holding my engagement. The best part is I’ve been able to apply what I learned in the course not just to a work context, but also to everyday life. Thank you!!
The scientific basis behind the course was great and really made it make sense for me. That the topic area was explored in a variety of contexts was also really good.
Great content and excellent facilitation. The tutor dealt with each person according to their needs and where they were at. They also provided some excellent tools which will enrich my EQ. A great and worthwhile day all round.