Create A Successful Online Course
Small Business. Big ideas for small business.
Whether you already have your own small business or are wanting to start something new, our small business courses are ideal for giving you a head start or helping to grow your existing business. Manage your small business the smart way with Small Business courses at CCE, The University of Sydney.
Are you a small business “homepreneur” who is moving away from providing eBooks and downloadable PDFs and infographics and simpled blog posts as part of your marketing, towards creating online courses to build community and engage with your clients? Perhaps you are an Industry Organisations with 10’s of 1,000’s of members and online courses will allow your organisation to retain a connection with your industry members and provide time critical updates through education as well as providing value-adds to members (who can compete with an industry organisation just by creating a Facebook group). Are you a corporate training manager are investigating online courses for internal staff as well as external contractors and do you need to manage and educate a diverse workforce? For your members, online courses develop brand education and brand loyalty.
- This course aims to make you knowledgeable about relevant aspects of creating, managing and marketing an online course.
- This course aims to develop your understanding of and confidence in using technology to create and edit video lectures and upload workbooks.
- This course aims to equip you with hands-on experience and a complete online course product you can use and promote by the end of the course.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Record a video lecture, edit it and upload it.
- Upload a PDF workbook and images.
- Have created an online school with lectures, intro page, curriculum, tests and a student forum.
- Market the course through an e-newsletter, social media and live workshops/conference coupons.
Lectures and Screencasts
- Equipment: camera, microphone, Camtasia (PC) or Screenflow (MAC)
- Optimum length style and setup of a lecture
- Edit and Upload Lectures with music or images
- School features
- Create course, structure of curriculum and lectures
- Promo video and lecture
- Structure of curriculum and lectures
Marketing Online Courses
- Build student base
- School connected to email newsletter
- Integration of Facebook, LinkedIn and social media to online school
- Online school supporting personal branding (public speaking/workshops) and business branding (membership or customer relations)
- Marketing, communications and public relations professionals building brand through educational voice for their organisation.
- Small Business – consultants, bloggers and resellers who would add a course as marketing (free) or sales (fee).
- Training Managers and H.R. who need to deliver up-to-date instructions through a branded education platform.
- Lecturers, teachers and educators who wish to “flip the classroom” and provide a second screen experience to education.
This computer-based training will be conducted in a computer lab at The University of Sydney. The course will be run over 3 consecutive Mondays (3 days in total), with homework activities required to be completed in between classes.
- Students will be given an online course to complete BEFORE attending the workshop. The course will explain how to curate content (photos videos) and make them available on the day of the course.
- During the course, students will be given online courses to study from week to week to prep for the next session.
- Online courses provided have a text/workbook, discussion forum and video & text lectures.
Students will be required to have access to the following:
- Computer or laptop
- Powerpoint (PC) or Apple Keynote or Google Slides or similar
- Camtasia (PC) or Screenflow (Mac) for screen capturing
- A browser and internet access.
A free version of the online school software will be provided. More information will also be provided in the preliminary course notes sent to participants.
- Expert trainers
- Central locations
- Small class sizes
- Free, expert advice
- Student materials – yours to keep
- Certificate of completion