Chinese Mandarin Course 1021: Standard
Chinese. Learn Chinese with us.
If you want to learn to speak Chinese, our Chinese classes are ideal for adult learners to enjoy a practical and social experience while you learn Chinese language and culture. Learn Chinese the smart way with Chinese courses at the University of Sydney.
This Chinese course continues from Chinese (Mandarin) Course 1012: Standard.
This Chinese course combined with Chinese (Mandarin) Course 1022: Standard:
- Making Appointments.
- Studying Chinese.
- School Life.
- Introduces 算了 (suàn le), 谁呀 (shéi ya), 是吗 (shì ma), 给 (gěi), 要 (yào).
- Adverbs 太 (tài), 真 (zhēn), 就 (jiù) and 正在 (zhèngzài).
- Time expressions, directional/descriptive compliments, 怎么 (zěnme) in questions, 能 (néng) and 会 (huì).
- Sentence structures: 一边…一边… (yìbiān...yìbiān...); 除了…以外, 还…(chúle...yǐwài, hái…).
- 或者 (huòzhě) and 还是 (háishi); 先 (xiān)…再 (zài).
- 还是 (háishi)…(吧) (ba); 每 (měi)…都 (dōu); 要 (yào)…了 (le).
This Chinese course covers Integrated Chinese Level 1, Part 1, Lessons 6 to 7/8 and is taught over 2 hours per week in one session. The content of this course and Chinese (Mandarin) Course 1022: Standard is also available over four hours per week in two sessions by completing Chinese (Mandarin) Course 102: Intensive.
- Integrated Chinese, Level 1 Part 1 Textbook, 3rd Edition (Simplified & Traditional)
- Integrated Chinese, Level 1 Part 1 Workbook, 3rd Edition (Simplified & Traditional)
- Integrated Chinese, Level 1 Part 1 Character Workbook, 3rd Edition (Simplified & Traditional)
Both simplified and traditional character versions of the textbook and the two workbooks are available, however the simplified version will be taught in the classroom. Students can also opt for the electronic versions of the Chinese course materials.
The Textbook is required for this course, while the Workbook and Character Workbook are recommended, but optional.
In addition to purchasing course materials online, students may also be able to source textbooks from our preferred textbook suppliers.
Prescribed textbooks should only be purchased after confirmation is received from us that the course will proceed. This usually occurs up to 5 days prior to class commencement.
Suggested Textbook Suppliers
The Co-op Bookshop
Become a member and get up to 50% off everything – online, on your tablet or mobile, or in over 60 stores.
Language Book Centre
Take your enrolment confirmation and a copy of this page to the Language Book Centre to receive a 10% discount off the price of the recommended text or foreign language dictionaries for your course.
Selected Language and Culture courses that teach spoken language may include use of language immersion (course instruction in the selected language) as part of the training strategy.