A Weekend of Watercolour Course
Painting. Picture yourself painting.
Have you ever thought you might enjoy watercolour painting? It’s such a wonderfully soft and expressive medium, quite delicate but dynamic. Then this relaxed weekend watercolour course could be just for you. Your tutor, a master of fine art, will guide you, step-by-step, through the basic techniques and skills, so after spending just a weekend learning watercolour, you will have attained the confidence to paint pictures you will be proud to show your family and friends, as well as having a brand new means of artistic expression at your fingertips.
This watercolour painting course will cover the following topics:
- Colour identification
- Colour mixing and application
- Composition and subject matter
Course materials list
We recommend you wait until one week prior to course commencement before buying materials. We cannot refund any monies spent on materials if the course is cancelled. You will need to bring the following materials to each day:
- Drawing Board: A little larger than A4.
- Brushes: Medium size soft wash brush, and three round, soft brushes size 2, 4 & 6.
- Sponges: Small natural sea sponge.
- Pencils and Rulers: HB or H pencil and an ordinary ruler.
- Rubber: Hard white Steadler rubber.
- Masking Tape: Masking tape, artist quality.
- Water Container: Jam jar or equivalent.
- Mixing Dishes: An ordinary large white china plate.
- Masking Fluid: Watercolour masking fluid.
Either tubes or pans (i.e. paint box pans) of the following watercolour paints:
- Reds: Cadmium Red & Alizarine Crimson.
- Yellows: Cadmium Yellow, Lemon & Yellow Ocre.
- Greens: Hookers, Sap & Veridian.
- Blues: Cereleum, Ultramarine, Prussian & Cobalt.
- Browns: Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna, Raw Umber & Raw Sienna.
Note: Black or White watercolour paints are not needed
- Canson, 300gm watercolour pad, medium texture, size A4.
Your subject matter can be taken from a photograph, so to support this watercolour painting course, please bring photographs of a family member, a favourite pet, a well loved holiday location, a still life group or a flower study. Otherwise, bring along a selection so there are a few to choose from.
Fine Art Papers Pty Ltd
110 Johnston Lane, Annandale
Ph: 02 9660 1182
Newtown Art Supplies
15 Wilson Street, Newtown
Ph: 02 9516 2339
Oxford Art Supplies
221/223 Oxford Street, Paddington
Ph: 02 9360 4066
North Shore Art Supplies
10 George Street, Hornsby
Ph: 02 9476 0202
Courses in Sydney. Open to the public.
- Expert trainers
- Central locations
- Small class sizes
- Free, expert advice
- Course notes – yours to keep
- Certificate of completion
What others say about this course.
All excellent. Great tutor, course and venue. A weekend well spent!
A great teacher. This course was a real pleasure and has given me the confidence to paint for myself.
The teacher was helpful and tended to each of us. Especially as a beginner, it was easy to become embarrassed and want to give up, but we were encouraged not only to complete it, but to be proud of our work. It was an enjoyable weekend and I was impressed by what everyone had accomplished.
A great intro to the art of watercolour. Able to keep exploring on my own for a while. Lovely helpful teacher.
A fantastic tutor who encouraged students to find their personal style whilst guiding them in the art of water colour painting. Thank you for a fantastic weekend.
A great pleasure to attend the course, excellent presenter. An enjoyable experience in all aspects.