Classic Journeys Course Canada: From the Canadian Maritimes to the Rockies
History. See the future. It’s in the past.
The world as we know it today has been shaped by events of the past. Learn about history the smart way with History courses at CCE, The University of Sydney.
One of the best ways of exploring the history, culture and landscape of Canada is to travel it. In this history course we begin with the exploration of early Canadian history – New France. We travel through the Canadian Maritimes examining the heritage of the Anglo-French wars. We visit Quebec City and sample the French Canadian lifestyle. Then we travel across Canada looking at her historical and contemporary traditions; visiting intriguing sites and cities such as Montreal, Winnipeg, Regina and Calgary. Along the way, we meet some fascinating Canadians.
At the completion of this history course particiapnts should
- Have a greater understanding of the history, traditions and landscapes of Canada.
- Be able to decide whether to undertake a drive across Canada.
- Be able to decide whether to undertake a guided tour of the Canadian Maritimes.
- Understand more of Canada’s history.
- Know about which historic sites to visit.
- Know what to take on a Canadian driving journey.
- The French arrive
- Quebec City
- The Citadel
- Louisbourg Fortress
The Canadian Maritimes
- Anglo-French Wars
- Nova Scotia
- New Brunswick
- Cape Breton
Prince Edward Island & New Brunswick
- Green Gables
St Laurence Valley
- Sault Ste. Marie
- Canadian Pacific Rail
- Regina & The Mounties
- Moose Jaw & Prohibition
The Great Outdoors
- Banff & Lake Louise
- Icefields Parkway
Golden & Calgary
- Kicking Horse Bear Refuge
- Fairmont Hotsprings
- Fort Calgary
This history course is suitable for people planning to travel to Canada, or those who have a general interest in Canadian history and culture.
This history course is delivered using a mixture of visual powerpoint presentations, readings by participants, discussions and a class quiz to assist with personal retention of the course material. The course is designed for people planning to travel to Canada.
- Canada Lonely Planet Editors
- Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- Emily’s Quest by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- White Fang by Jack London
- Expert trainers
- Central locations
- Small class sizes
- Free, expert advice
- Student materials – yours to keep
- Certificate of completion