Jewish Denominations Course: Addressing the Challenges of Modernity
Jewish Culture. Learn about Jewish Culture with us.
Learn about Jewish culture the smart way with Jewish Culture courses at CCE, The University of Sydney.
Examination of Jewish identity and religious expression against the backdrop of dramatic political and social change of the past 300 years. Gain extensive insights into the historical and ideological developments of the major movements, and explore the impact of gender, assimilation, Israel, and post-denominationalism on the movements and the Jewish people.
- Emergence of a Denominational Perspective in Response to Modernity
- The Rise of Reform Judaism
- Traditionalist Reactions to Reform Judaism and Modernity
- Evolution of Reform Judaism
- Conservative Judaism and Reconstructionism in America
- Ideology and the Synagogue Centre
- Orthodoxy: Revisions and Re-alignment
- Jewish Denominationalism through the Lens of Gender and Sexual Identity
- Jewish Peoplehood and Jewish Denominations
- Beyond Denominationalism
A discount applies for couples enrolling. In order to receive this discount, please contact Jillian Fine for details prior to enrolment.
- Expert trainers
- Central locations
- Small class sizes
- Free, expert advice
- Student materials – yours to keep
- Certificate of completion