A Toolkit for New Managers Course
Management courses in Sydney. Lift your career and your organisation.
Learn Management the smart way with Management courses in Sydney at the University of Sydney community college.
Understanding management principles is critical for business success. This management course is designed for those who want an overview of the skills needed to be an effective manager or supervisor. The course focuses on achieving strong outcomes through effective people and team management, the development of sound planning and organisational skills, creative problem solving and ensuring finance & cost control procedures are followed.
Please note this management course does not critique management theories nor does it discuss the complexity of management theories. It is not a higher education or post-graduate course. Rather, this is a practical management course that applies core management concepts to your individual workplace settings.
This management course covers the following topics:
- Managing change
- Inspiring and building high performance teams
- Dealing with difficult situations
Planning and organising
- Setting goals
- Organising work schedules
Human resource management
- Recruiting, selecting and inducting the most suitable applicants
Creative problem solving
- Generating lateral solutions for moving forward
Finance & cost control
- Reading financial records
- Identifying variances
- Financial decision-making
This management course is an interactive workshop, which includes lectures, group exercises and discussion.
At the end of this management course, participants will be able to:
- Bring out the best in staff.
- Deal with difficult people and situations and resolve conflict.
- Lead a team by using effective communication skills.
- Manage change in the teams they supervise.
- Prioritise goals and prepare work schedules for self and others utilising effective time management.
- Utilise a range of selection techniques for identifying the best candidate.
- Detect a problem and have a range of skills for solving the problem.
- Interpret basic financial records for financial decision-making.
This management course has a hands-on, vocational flavour. It is therefore suited to new managers wanting to acquire useful practical skills for immediate application in their workplace. It is not suited to post-graduate students seeking a critiquing of the complexity of management theories.
Before the course
There are no pre-requisite knowledge or skills for this entry-level management course. Participants are, however, advised to come to this course with their own examples of managerial and leadership practices so that discussion can be tailored to individual work requirements.