Learn Chinese in Sydney with Chinese classes at the University of Sydney. This Chinese language course covers Integrated Chinese Level 2, Part 1, Lessons 1 to 5 and is taught over 4 hours per week in two sessions.
- $100 Repeat Chinese Class* ($200 for Intensive Chinese Classes)
- Expert Trainer
- Small class size (~20 max)
- Central Location
- Language courses are offered in four semesters each year, approximately in January, April, July and October.
Full details of the Chinese Language Program are available from the program overview. Please note that the Chinese language program offered by the Centre for Continuing Education and the Confucious Institute is for learning Mandarin Chinese.
- This Chinese course begins the second year of study following Chinese 104 with about 175 more vocabulary items.
- Covers topics of interest to college-age students, such as campus life, career planning, and Chinese cultural traditions
- Includes pinyin texts at the end of each lesson, so students can read characters without relying on pinyin
This Chinese course covers the following topics:
- Lessons: 开学, 宿舍， 在饭馆儿， 买东西, 选课.
- Introduces adverbs 真 and 难道; the dynamic particle 了; the preposition 至于; the 是…的… construction; 除了…以外; 再说; 得很; 那(么); 一 + v; 又 adj/verb, 又 adj/verb; the emphatic 是; 无论…, 都…; the conjunction 于是; adj/v+是+adj/v, 可是/但是…;再, 又, and 还 compared; 要么…, 要么…. Also connecting sentences, existential sentences, conjunctions, topic-comment sentence structure, resultative compliments.
- Words and phrases include 恐怕 (I’m afraid; I think perhaps), 差不多 (about; roughly), 一般 (generally speaking), 不怎么样 (not that great; just so-so), 这(就)要看…(了) (that depends on...) , 比如(说) (for example), …什么的 (…Etc.), (要) 不然 (otherwise), 非…不可 (have to; must), 受不了 (unable to bear), 不过 (but), 这样 (in this way).
- Integrated Chinese, Level 2 Part 1 Textbook, 3rd Edition (Simplified & Traditional)
- Integrated Chinese, Level 2 Part 1 Workbook, 3rd Edition (Simplified & Traditional)
- Integrated Chinese, Level 2 Part 1 Character Workbook, 3rd Edition (Simplified & Traditional)
Both simplified and traditional character versions of the textbook and the two workbooks are available, however the simplified versions are recommended. Students can also opt for the electronic versions of the Chinese course materials.
The Textbook is required for this course, while the Workbook and Character Workbook are recommended, but optional.
In addition to purchasing course materials online, students may also be able to source textbooks from our preferred textbook suppliers.
Recommended Textbook Suppliers
The Co-op Bookshop
University Sports and Aquatic Centre
Cnr Codrington Avenue & Darlington Road | University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
P + 61 2 9351 3705 | W www.coop-bookshop.com.au
Become a member and get fantastic benefits that includes up to 9% off books, stationery, University of Sydney clothing and much more.
The Language Book Centre
L 1 131 York Street | Sydney | NSW 2000 (behind the Queen Victoria Building)
P + 61 2 9267 1397 W www.languagebooks.com.au
Take your enrolment receipt or confirmation and a copy of your course outline to Abbeys to receive a 10% discount off the price of the recommended text or foreign language dictionaries for your course.