Dr Michael Birrell obtained his BA(Hons) in Archaeology at Sydney University in 1988 and subsequently received an MA and a PhD in Egyptology from Macquarie University. He is a part-time lecturer and tutor in the Ancient History Department at Macquarie University, and has taught a number of courses for Continuing Education. He has worked on numerous archaeological excavations in both Egypt and Israel, and has travelled widely in the Middle East, Asia and Europe. Dr Birrell has research interests in ancient Egyptian religion and government, and is currently writing a book on New Kingdom temple architecture.
Michael Birrell. Class List.
- EGAD-2 Egypt's Golden Age Course: The Pharaohs of the 18th Dynasty
- OUTA-2 Out of Africa Course: The Fossil Evidence for Human Evolution
- ASGP-3 Ancient Sicily Course: Greeks, Phoenicians and Romans
- MSBA-2 Medieval Sicily Course: Byzantines, Arabs and Normans
- MFPN-2 Malta Course: From Prehistory to Napoleon
- HCAP-1 History Course: Ancient Persia
- HCMP-1 History Course: Medieval Persia