Centre for Continuing Education

Richard Stoneham


Richard Stoneham is a business consultant with extensive experience of organisational change and strategic realignment. He provides thought leadership in ‘Business Framework Engineering®’ including such areas as: strategic initiatives; organisational capability building; process innovation; system mapping; knowledge management; programme and project management. As an associate of the Institute for Independant Business Richard advises business owners and leaders in the running and growth of their businesses and is also involved in various joint ventures and start-ups.

Richard has varied general management and consulting experience across several industries, living and working in Europe, the Middle East and Australasia. He now runs his own consultancy which is based on the premise: ‘Workers are responsible for only 15% of problems, the system for the other 85%. The system is the responsibility of management,’ W. Edwards Deming. Richard has an Honours degree in Industrial Economics and is a Chartered Management Accountant. He has been trained in systems thinking, which influences much of his work, and he is a member of the Australian branch of the Society for Organisational Learning.

We acknowledge the tradition of custodianship and law of the Country on which the University of Sydney campuses stand. We pay our respects to those who have cared and continue to care for the Country.