The Art of Good Conversation Course
Sociology. Study the development, structure, and functioning of human society.
Learn about social behaviour the smart way with Sociology courses at CCE, The University of Sydney.
Our lives are shaped by the conversations we have: every one of them can open up new possibilities and further horizons. In this course you’ll find out how to start a conversation and how to make it enjoyable and rewarding. We’ll explore and practise these skills and find out how to have conversations that broaden our curiosity and deepen our relationships. This engaging course combines theory and practical exercises and is must for those yearning for more than just small talk!
This conversation course covers the following topics:
- Our lives are made by the conversations we have.
- Conversation and happiness.
- How conversation can change your life.
- Conversational sins.
- Conversational virtues.
- What we talk about has much to do with where we place our attention.
- Sharing and self-disclosure.
- Open-ended questions.
- Asking the second question.
- Enjoying difference.
- Relating from your vulnerability.
- Conversation in groups.
- Conversation as exploration.
- Our models of conversation.
- Finding positive meanings and benefits in your daily experiences.
- Getting in touch with your feelings.
- Humour (continued).
- Small talk and how to start a conversation.
- Your body language speaks before you do.
- Take the risk to be the first to say hello.
- Good humour.
- Seek conversations with a wider group than your peers.
- The profound effects on body and mind of connecting with other people and experiencing positive emotions.
- How to bring more positive emotion into your conversations.
- Good humour.
- Encouragement, reframing and perception switching.
- Enlargers and diminishers of life.
- Receiving a compliment.
- Negative capability-suspending judgement.
- In conversation we are constructing ourselves.
- Remaining eager to enlarge the possibilities of life.
The Art of Good Conversation training course is suitable for those who are proficient in english and are looking to develop their conversational skills. This training course is not designed to assist non-native speakers develop their english speaking skills.
This training course is delivered as an interactive workshop which involves group activities which are designed to develop your skills associated with having good conversations.
- Expert trainers
- Central locations
- Small class sizes
- Free, expert advice
- Student materials – yours to keep
- Certificate of completion
What others say.
I got so much out of the course – really practical things to keep doing, as well as new ways to think about communicating. Loved the course and sad it has finished.
Great course crystallising how to make and grow relationships.
It is not an exaggeration to say that this course genuinely, positively impacted my life. I gained new perspectives and confidence while learning interesting, practical and useful knowledge. The lecturer was fantastic at explaining the topics and facilitating discussion, making sure everyone felt welcome and involved. I would not hesitate in recommending this course to others, I believe there is value to be found in it for just about anyone. For me, I only wish it didnt have to end!
It’s a great short course to help you understand the importance of conversation and how it relates to our feelings. Good content and presentation.
This course was either going to be great or a flop. I’m glad to say it was an absolute winner! I’d like to thank our lovely lecturer. I enjoyed this short course immensely. The tutor has such a lovely way of explaining life and he really facilitated us all to work through the idea of conversations and how they play such a big part in our lives. I’ve left this course after just 4 weeks a more confident person.
I didn’t want this course to end!
The course was really helpful and the tutor had a lovely manner about them – I thought it very worthwhile.