Heavy Vehicle Driver Assessment & Rehabilitation Course for Driver Trained Occupational Therapists
Occupational Therapy. Rehabilitating our community.
Learn Occupational Therapy the smart way with Occupational Therapy courses at CCE, The University of Sydney.
The Heavy Vehicle Assessment & Rehabilitation Training Course for Driver Trained Occupational Therapists is a 1 Day course designed to extend knowledge and skills in heavy vehicle assessment and rehabilitation.
This course provides driver-trained occupational therapists with the tools they need to conduct heavy vehicle assessments for all classes of trucks, and for buses and forklifts. Report templates will be provided.
The following topics will be presented:
- Heavy vehicle license classes and terminology
- Medical guidelines related to commercial vehicles
- Vehicle ergonomics and seating
- Pre-driving checks
- Assessment of tasks associated with heavy vehicle driving
- On road assessment for trucks, buses and forklifts
- Remediation programmes and vehicle modifications
- Fatigue management and defensive driving
- Report writing.
Course suitable for
Heavy vehicle assessment and rehabilitation course participants must be qualified driver-trained occupational therapists. It is recommended participants have at least 12 months experience assessing clients in C class vehicles prior to attending this course.
Full time attendance is required. This is an information course therefore no assignments or examinations are completed.
A certificate of completion is provided.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided.
For enquiries regarding eligibility, course content or assessment requirements please contact the course coordinator:
Driver Trained Occupational Therapist & Driving Instructor
0422 265 330
or Send an email
- Expert trainers
- Central locations
- Small class sizes
- Free, expert advice
- Student materials – yours to keep
- Certificate of completion