Learn Chinese in Sydney with Chinese classes at the University of Sydney. This Chinese course covers Integrated Chinese Level 2, Part 2, Lessons 1 to 5 and is taught over 4 hours per week in two sessions.
- $100 Repeat Chinese Class* ($200 for Intensive Chinese Classes)
- Expert Trainer
- Small class size (~20 max)
- Central Location
Full details of the Chinese Language Program are available from the program overview. Please note that the Chinese language program offered by the Centre for Continuing Education and the Confucious Institute is for learning Mandarin Chinese.
- This Chinese course continues from Chinese 202
- Focuses on important linguistic structures to build and refine learners' understanding of Chinese grammar.
- Introduces approximately 200 more vocabulary items.
- Gradually introduces more formal speech and written-style language.
This Chinese course covers the following topics:
- Lessons: 中国的节日, 中国的变化, 旅游, 生活与健康, 男女平等.
- Adverbs 竟(然) and 毕竟, preposition 以, conjunction and preposition 与, pronoun 某, particles 嘛, 啊and 过, 使 and, (先)…再…, v起来, v v得出(来) (be able to tell), 以 a 为 b, 一 + reduplicated measure word, adj/v v, 有的…, 有的…, 是…的 to affirm a statement. Comparative sentences, numerals in idioms, multiple attributives, disyllabic words becoming monosyllabic and pivotal sentences.
- Words and phrases include 的确 (indeed), 要不是 (if it were not for; but for), 从来 (from past till present; always; at all times),等于 (to equal; to be equivalent to; to amount to), 可见 (it is obvious that; it can be seen that), …以来 (since), 拿…来说 (take…for example), 由 (by), 親眼, 親自, 親耳, 親手, 親身/亲眼, 亲自, 亲耳, 亲手, 亲身, 显得.
- Integrated Chinese, Level 2 Part 2 Textbook, 3rd Edition (Simplified & Traditional)
- Integrated Chinese, Level 2 Part 2 Workbook, 3rd Edition (Simplified & Traditional)
- Integrated Chinese, Level 2 Part 2 Character Workbook, 3rd Edition (Simplified & Traditional)
Both simplified and traditional character versions of the textbook and the two workbooks are available, however the simplified versions are recommended. Students can also opt for the electronic versions of the Chinese course materials.
The Textbook is required for this course, while the Workbook and Character Workbook are recommended, but optional.
In addition to purchasing course materials online, students may also be able to source textbooks from our preferred textbook suppliers.
Recommended Textbook Suppliers
The Co-op Bookshop
University Sports and Aquatic Centre
Cnr Codrington Avenue & Darlington Road | University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
P + 61 2 9351 3705 | W www.coop-bookshop.com.au
Become a member and get fantastic benefits that includes up to 9% off books, stationery, University of Sydney clothing and much more.
The Language Book Centre
L 1 131 York Street | Sydney | NSW 2000 (behind the Queen Victoria Building)
P + 61 2 9267 1397 W www.languagebooks.com.au
Take your enrolment receipt or confirmation and a copy of your course outline to Abbeys to receive a 10% discount off the price of the recommended text or foreign language dictionaries for your course.