The Art of Good Conversation Course
Psychology courses in Sydney. Explore the human mind.
Learn Psychology the smart way with Psychology courses in Sydney at the University of Sydney community college.
Our lives are shaped by the conversations we have: every one of them can open up new possibilities and further horizons. In this course you’ll find out how to start a conversation and how to make it enjoyable and rewarding. We’ll explore and practise these skills and find out how to have conversations that broaden our curiosity and deepen our relationships. This engaging course combines theory and practical exercises and is must for those yearning for more than just small talk!
This conversation course covers the following topics:
- Our lives are made by the conversations we have
- Conversation and happiness
- How conversation can change your life
- Conversational sins
- Conversational virtues
- What we talk about has much to do with where we place our attention
- Sharing and self-disclosure
- Open-ended questions
- Asking the second question
- Enjoying difference
- Relating from your vulnerability
- Conversation in groups
- Conversation as exploration
- Our models of conversation
- Finding positive meanings and benefits in your daily experiences
- Getting in touch with your feelings
- Humour (continued)
- Small talk and how to start a conversation
- Your body language speaks before you do
- Take the risk to be the first to say hello
- Good humour
- Seek conversations with a wider group than your peers
- Good humour
- Encouragement, reframing and perception switching
- Enlargers and diminishers of life
- Receiving a compliment
- Negative capability-suspending judgment
- In conversation we are constructing ourselves
- Remaining eager to enlarge the possibilities of life
This training course is delivered as an interactive workshop which involves group activities which are designed to develop your skills associated with having good conversations.
This course is suitable for
The Art of Good Conversation training course is suitable for those who are proficient in english and are looking to develop their conversational skills. This training course is not designed to assist non-native speakers develop their english speaking skills.